A simple yet delicious Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe on Day 2 of the #20for20 challenge. A lot people requested for this, hope you enjoy it !! #GOCORONA #lockdown2020
A chocolate brownie can be so many things- sinful, luscious, nutty, plain, fudgy, gooey a simple afternoon snack for the kids in their Tiffin box or silky chocolate sauce slathered, ice cream topped indulgent dessert at a restaurant. This unubiquitous dessert has captured all our imaginations ( and hearts ) since it first made its appearance in 1893 in a hotel In Chicago.
As a kid it was by one craving that went unsatisfied because it was hard to find a gooey, squidgy brownie with a crusty top and even more difficult to bake one without eggs. I lived in the standard Indian joint family where the Grandmom could not stand the sight of eggs and thus all my bakes were eggless and most as hard as rocks.
As I grew into my teens my search for that elusive eggless recipe that yielded fudgy brownies continued. I don’t remember how I came across this recipe, it’s been written in hand in my little green book for ages( yes I have a hand written recipe book), perhaps a cooking class in my neighborhood or a rare good recipe in Femina. Whatever the source this recipe uses the simples of ingredients to make great brownies.
As always some tips before beginning the Eggless Chocolate Brownie Recipe
- Use the best quality Cocoa you have at hand, I prefer Weikfield over Cadbury’s
- Use homemade malai and not tetra pack cream. We skim the malai from our milk almost daily in Indian households; collect this over 3-4 days in the fridge.
- Always leave your brownies slightly sticky at the center while baking to get gooey brownies
Check out Recipe 1 – Easy Sandesh
Eggless Fudge Browmies
1 C. Flour
3/4 C. Sugar
2 heaped THSP Cocoa Poweder
¾ C Malai ( cream)
2 thsp Curd
2 thsp Milk Powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 C. Butter ( 110gms)
100 gms dark chocolate
450 gms powder Sugar/icing Sugar
¾ C milk
FOR THE Brownie:
- Mix together baking powder. Flour and cocoa.
- Mix Malai and sugar
- Beat a little with spoon while adding milk powder and curd
- Add flour mixture and vanilla essence with cut and fold method
- Add walnuts if using
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150 C for 30 minutesor till inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Cool Cake and remove from tin.
- Slice into 8npieces. Spread the chocolate frosting and decorat
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave
- In a bowl blend together sugar and 1 thsp of milk
- Add the Chocolate and butter and mix well. Keep adding milk tillu get desired consistency
- Let cool ( frosting will thicken as it cools)
Serving Suggestion-You can add nuts, caramels sauce and icecream to make it into a Sunday or just eat them plain without any topping
Do leave your feedback!