This Eggless Devil’s Food Cake Recipe is a must try. Simple yet quick, the 3rd recipe of the #20for20 #recipeshare Series. Hope you enjoy it !! #GOCORONA #lockdown2020
Today‘s post is going to be a quick one because I m running late. This Eggless Devil’s Food Cake Recipe is the one I teach in my basic baking class. The reason I love this recipe is, that it’s so simple yet so versatile.
You can eat it straight out of the oven or top it with some chocolate sauce and nuts. For a fancier cake you can fill it with different icings and frost it with chocolate ganache chill and serve. Either way this recipe is a keeper!
Eggless Devil’s Food Cake Recipe
Makes one 6”
1 cup flour (maida)
6 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup hot coffee (1 tsp instant coffee pwd+1/4 cup hot water)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sieve flour and the cocoa powder. This gets rid of all the lumps easily.
- Add sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Make a well in the centre and add the wet ingredients one by one. Whisk until everything is incorporated and no dry lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into a greased and lined 6″ cake pan
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer comes free of crumbs when inserted in the middle of the cake..
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
If you want to frost the cake use the fudge recipe I shared in the Eggless Brownie Recipe I shared. You can get it here.
Some Baking tips
- I always recommend homemade curd over store bought curd.
- If the cake starts browning on the top too fast, turn down the oven temp to 160 degree s C and cover the top with foil. Please be careful, just slide a piece of foil large enough to cover the top of the cake into the oven to avoid burning your hand
Happy Baking Guy!