Day 7 is here of the 21 day lockdown and some of my followers have asked me to share a healthy recipe! This Mediterranean Warm Salad Recipe is my go to recipe.
Also a big salute to these men who are getting out thier houses and delivering our groceries, vegetables etc so we can stay safe. These are tough times and we should all be helping out each other. Praying you al stay safe
During the winter month we use at home to make a fresh crunchy yet Mediterranean Warm Salad Recipe almost everyday. Full of flavour, this about the Salad Recipe can be made using water ever veggies you have at hand.
Mediterranean Warm Salad Recipe
- Brocolli – few florets
- Zucchini – 1/2 small washed and cut into thin half moons
- Bell peppers colored – 1/2 each, cut into thin discs
- Cherry Tomatoes – ¼ cup halved
- Black olives – 10 sliced
- Cucumbers 1/2 sliced
- Feta cheese – ¼ cup crumbled, Use tofu or paneer insted
- Salad Greens – 2 handful. Lettuce rocket ,Iandia
- Pine nuts /Walnut Toasted
- Cranberry dry – 2 tsp optional
Oils & Spices for Dressing
- Olive Oil – ½ tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – ½ tbsp
- Oregano dry – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice-1/2 thsp
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- Red chili flakes optional to add more kick
- Garlic pods smashed 1-2
- Wash the greens and dry completely.
- Take a heavy pan and heat ½ tbsp. olive oil in it. Once hot, reduce the heat to medium and add brocolli
- it. Cover and cook for 2 minutes till it becomes slight soft.
- Add zucchini slices and bell peppers. Toss them and cook for another minute till the zucchini is slightly soft but still crunchy
- Add cherry tomatoes, and toss
- Lastly add the greens and cook for not more than 15 secs. The trick is to get them warm but not wilt
- Put the warm vegetables in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss
- Sprinkle with dried cranberries, toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and sliced olives.
- Enjoy a Mediterranean warm salad.
For the Dressing
- Add all the ingredients of the dressig in a jar with a tight lid and shake well. Add to salad
Let me know how you liked this recipe!! for more salad recipes checkout this Poached Pear Salad